Coffee cream without cream is a delicious dessert that can be enjoyed at any time of day.
It is often the case that you have to give up the pleasure of coffee cream in the classic version because it is too caloric and cannot be abused. In addition, cold coffee cream with cream is not suitable for lactose-intolerant people, who see it every day behind the counter at the coffee shop but cannot even taste it.
Our recommended version of coffee creamer without cream is suitable for those who want to watch their figure, because it contains no fat. And it’s a treat for lactose-intolerant people, as the cream can be replaced by lactose-free drinks or water.
What’s more, with our recipe, you can make yourself a tasty snack even out of season, when coffee creamer is starting to disappear from bar menus.
Now let’s see how you can make your own creamy coffee cream without cream, just like at the coffee shop.
How to prepare coffee cream without cream
Let’s start with the ingredients
With these doses you can prepare coffee cream without cream for 5/6 people (depending on how greedy you are!):
- 200 g frozen milk. If you are lactose intolerant, you can replace the cow’s milk with water or a beverage of your choice from soya, almond, coconut or oat milk. For success, remember to place it in the freezer in ice bags or cubes or in a paper cup to freeze it;
- 50 g of sugar or fructose;
- 30 g of espresso coffee. Ideally you should use ristretto coffee.
Here is the procedure
To make a coffee cream that is as good and tasty as the one you get at the bar, you just need a few steps. Let’s see how.
- Put the milk or milk substitute in the freezer. Leave it in the freezer for about an hour. This step is very important for a creamy dessert.
- While the milk is freezing, make the coffee. Prepare coffee with your Pontevecchio professional coffee machine. Ideally, a ristretto coffee, in order to obtain a coffee with a more intense aroma. Let the coffee cool completely. If you prefer to speed up the process, chill the coffee in the refrigerator.
- After it has cooled down, take the coffee and pour it into the blender with the sweetener and/or sugar. Turn on the machine and blend the mixture for 10 seconds so that the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the frozen milk and blend again until the mixture is creamy. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Your coffee creamer without cream is ready to serve. Consume the coffee creamer before it deflates and loses volume.
To make the coffee irresistible, put the chocolate topping on the bottom of the cup and cover the coffee cream with a hazelnut crumble (if you use almond milk, we recommend you try the almond crumble).
This summer version is ideal for those who like to enjoy coffee in its most delicious variations.
The recipe for coffee cream without cream is also suitable for anyone who wants to indulge in a sweet treat. In fact, it is also recommended for those who count calories and prefer a lighter version than the one in the bar, for lactose intolerant people and vegans.
If you don’t want to miss out on the pleasure of a coffee creamer like the one at the bar, with its unmistakable aroma and intense pleasure, the best way is to prepare coffee with lever coffee machines. These machines maintain all the characteristics of the coffee, giving it a unique flavour.
For more information on Pontevecchio lever coffee machines, see our product catalogue. In this way you will have everything you need to prepare a coffee cream without cream, as good as the one in the bar!